Recipe for fruit pastes (for 36 pieces of 3X3cm):
Note from Bernard:
to pour it easily, you can heat 30 seconds in the microwave or in a bain-marie. This way it will become liquid.
Fruit Pasta: Passion Fruit
- First of all, here are the two products that are harder to find for some. Yellow pectin and passion fruit puree in a bottle. As always, I buy from G.Detou.
- Place the passion fruit puree in a saucepan over low heat and bring to a boil.
- Mix some of the scure (3-4 large tablespoons taken from the total weight of the sugar) with the yellow pectin.
- When the liquid boils, add the sugar-pectin.
- Mix well and bring back to a boil. Add remaining sugar.
- Also add the glucose syrup. Note from Bernard:to pour it easily, you can heat 30 seconds in the microwave or in a bain-marie. This way it will become liquid.
- Add the juice of half a lemon, filtering it well (in a tea strainer for example).
- Bring to 107°C while stirring.
- Pour into a 18X18cm frame placed on a silicone mat. Don't worry, the whole thing will remain watertight and the liquid won't come out under the frame...
- Put immediately a stretch film on the contact (really on the liquid). Let cool completely then put in the fridge for a good two hours.
- Here is my guitar for ganache, caramel, fruit jelly etc...
- But don't panic! It remains a toy that I gave myself by pure madness! You can cut the fruit paste with a knife! Remove from the pan by running a knife along the set mass and unmold.
- Cut into six on each side.
- Then cut each slice into 6 pieces.
- Put some granulated sugar in a container and roll the resulting pieces in it!
- Place on a plate and then throw yourself on it!