Recipe for tomato gazpacho:
-1kg of ripe tomatoes
-2 red peppers
-2 cloves of garlic
-1/2 white onion
-5cl of sherry vinegar
-10cl of olive oil
-1 tablespoon of double tomato paste (optional for more tomato flavor!)
Here are all the ingredients for the recipe I am proposing:
- Start by peeling the red peppers. With a good peeler, this is no problem!
- Remove the white part inside and get rid of the seeds.
- Peel the cucumber.
- Cut in half lengthwise and remove the middle part with a spoon.
- Peel the onion and cut it in half. I only use half an onion, because otherwise the gazpacho is too strong.
- Plunge 20 seconds in boiling water, the tomatoes that we will have taken care to incise on the top.
- Remove the skin.
- Also remove the part where the branch was. Then get rid of the seeds by pressing the tomatoes.
- Peel the garlic.
- Put all the vegetables in a blender.
- Add the vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Then add the olive oil.
- Put the blender on for at least one minute to reduce to a fine soup. You can add at this moment a tablespoon of double tomato paste (what I did!). This will reinforce the taste of the tomato. But this is not necessarily very traditional, but still very good!
- Chill at least 3 hours before eating!