B: “And you, besides, you’ve been making
pancakes for as long as you can remember?”
Kig ha farz recipe for 10 to 12 people:
-1 level tablespoon of coarse salt
And don’t forget to serve yourself a generous helping of hot lipig with caramelized onions.
Kig Ha Farz
Lipig (you can use less onions, but it's terribly delicious like this!)
- Start by gathering the ingredients. This will probably require a wheelbarrow! More seriously, it is important to choose vegetable waters for this recipe. All those shown here come from a farm in the Finistère north. Sand carrots, beautiful onions, inimitable potatoes...
- For the meat, you must also choose the best. Here we see the Morteaux sausage, the beef shanks and the pork shoulder.
- First, remove as much fat as possible from the pork shoulder. It is indeed this fat that will give a lot of foam and therefore work afterwards.
- You have to get the biggest pot you can find.
- You can see how big this pot is, especially when you see Nine next to it!
- Pour water to a little more than half the capacity of this gigantic pot. Put on the degreased pallet and the shanks.
- Heat the pot over high heat (given the quantity, don't hesitate to heat well!). With a skimmer, remove the foam that forms on the surface.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Cut and worm the leeks. Cut to separate the white from the leek tops. Tie the whites together and the tops together also.
- Peel carrots and turnips.
- After one hour, add the whole kale. There is no need to cut it.
- But also carrots...
- And the leek tops, but not the whites!
- Prick an onion with two cloves.
- And add it to the broth.
- Close and let cook on the fire for two hours (before adding the bags of farz).
- During this time, prepare the lipig which takes about an hour. Peel and chop onions.
- Put the butter in a large frying pan (we cooked the lipig in a wok, which proved to be very convenient). Cook it on low heat to melt it perfectly.
- Add the onions.
- And let it cook gently, scraping the bottom regularly to prevent the onions from sticking.
- The onions will slowly but surely caramelize.
- To the point of giving the famous lipig. You can't necessarily see it, but it's fat as it should be!
- When the lipig is almost finished, remove the "eyes" of fat in the broth. It may seem surprising to remove the fat on one side and put a lot of butter on the other, but we must not forget that we are going to drink the broth! And it's more pleasant to drink a fat-free liquid anyway! However, it is true that we will make up for generously with butter on the farz!
- You can see that you can remove a lot of fat from the surface of the broth. Three glasses were removed.
- Now prepare the farz. On the one hand, the black flour.Put buckwheat flour and wheat flour in a bowl. Add the egg. and mix a little.
- Put the lard in a bowl and add the hot broth. Stir to melt the lard.
- Add the broth to the flour.
- Then beat with a hand whisk. Add salt and milk.
- Pour the dough into a stuffing bag.
- Tie the bag well and put it in the broth.
- Along with the bag, add the leek whites.
- Do the same thing with the white flour and proceed like a classic pancake batter.
- Add the Morteaux sausage.
- Let cook for two more hours... One hour before serving the "kig ha farz" add the peeled, uncut potatoes. The kig ha farz cooks for another hour with the potatoes (just to be clear!).
- To serve, pour the broth into a tureen. You can see that the broth has taken on a nice color and that it is almost not greasy!
- It is usually served with bread crumbs (just baked).
- And then you can start enjoying your meal! In starting with one or two bowls of broth...
- Then we return in the heart of the subject with the farz. Just remove the bags and take out the farz carefully.
- Then cut them into slices.
- Both are equally delicious.
- Reheat the lipig.
- And take out the meat that we will cut before serving (it is cut with a spoon!).
- Take the vegetables out of the pot, making sure not to burn yourself as it is very hot.
- All that's left is to take a little of everything on your plate...
- And don't forget to serve yourself a generous helping of hot lipig with caramelized onions.