- 1 foie gras
- salt, pepper, sugar
- alcohol of choice or not
Vacuum packed foie gras (method 6)
- Prepare your foie gras your way. It is especially important to add salt and pepper.
- On all sides!
- Wrap in a layer of stretch film (microwave safe).
- Place it in a vacuum bag.
- Vacuum seal it with a bell jar or small vacuum machine.
- And There you go !
- If you have a probe immersion heater, heat the bath to 56.5°C. When the temperature is reached, plunge the foie gras.
- Leave in for 50 minutes. Without air, the livers do not float.
- The lid must be on during cooking.
- Once cooked, plunge the livers into an ice water bath.
- Chill for at least 3-4 days before eating.
- The advantage of this cooking is that you keep the shape of the foie gras.