Recipe for 12 “empadas de frango com catupiry”:
-2 tablespoons of oil
-24 green olives
-1 egg yolk for gilding
Let the filling cool and prepare the dough in the meantime.
Put the flour and butter in a bowl.
Enjoy it warm!
Empadas de Frango com Catupiry
Creamy chicken stuffing:
- Cook the chicken breasts in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes. It all depends on the size of the blanks. They still need to be soft.
- Save the cooking water for later. Let cool whites.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Peel the garlic.
- Cook the onion in a large skillet with the two tablespoons of oil. Add crushed garlic.
- Flake the chicken with a fork.
- Add the chicken to the pan.
- Mix well and add the parsley and double tomato paste.
- Simmer for two minutes, then add the flour.
- Mix well then add the chicken cooking water (250ml).
- Simmer until the liquid thickens a bit. Add catupiry or Kiri!
- Mix well, taste to season with salt and pepper.
- Let the filling cool and prepare the dough in the meantime.
- Put the flour and butter in a bowl.
- Mix well to sand. If the butter clumps too quickly, don't worry! Add the egg.
- Let the food processor run for agglomerate the dough (or do it by hand!).
- Quickly roll out the dough on a work surface. The easiest way to do it is to roll out the dough on a parchment paper (on the picture, it's a stretch film, very impractical! But I didn't have any more paper for the picture!). Fill a small greased baking pan with a first layer of dough, making sure it sticks out. Fill with the stuffing.
- Add two halved olives.
- Put a second layer of dough on the pan.
- Seal the edge with the hand to make well hermetic the empadas.
- When sealing, the paste will eventually fall out naturally.
- Do the same with all the empadas.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake at 190°C for 20-25 minutes until the empadas are well colored.
- Enjoy it warm!